By default, Comments on articles is set to true; setting it to false will disallow Comments. The other relevant settings are:
- Message to display when Comments are disallowed NEW!
- Allow users to vote on comments? Set to true by default.
- Comment Sort Order
- Sidebar Comment Length
- Sidebar Number of Comments
- Maximum Comment Length
- Negative votes to remove comment
- Use comment data when providing search results
Comments, in the Manage section, provides Admins with an interface listing all the comments submitted by users. It displays the Username, Comment, date submitted and Status. The listing can be filtered by Status: All, Published, Discarded, Moderated and Spam.
Admins can bulk change the status of comments or any comment individually as they deem fit. Moreover, If the Spam Module and the Spam Widget are installed, any submitted article that is intercepted and flagged as Spam or Moderated will be listed at the top of the Dashboard to notify Admins that some comments need attention.