Have you heard about the online streaming website Soap2Day?
Well it’s one of the most amazing streaming platforms that hosts a wide range of content from the latest TV shows to the latest movies that are playing in a theater near you.
But is Soap2day safe to use? Will you get hacked if you watch content on Soap2Day and is it safe to stream illegal media online?
Read on as I cover all that and more and find out if it’s safe to use Soap2Day at home or at work.
Is Soap2Day Safe to Use?
What is Soap2Day?
Soap2Day is an online streaming service where people can watch pirated or illegally obtained movies and TV shows. As of 2022, it has millions of users worldwide and is known for its availability of HD quality content.
The website also offers download options so episodes, movies and more can be downloaded onto your smartphone or computer. While this site might appear safe to use, it’s not secure and your personal information can be at risk.
Is Soap2Day Safe to Use?
Soap2Day, though loved by millions, is not safe to use unless you’re careful while accessing their website.
There are a couple of reasons why I can think of Soap2Day as an unsafe website, some of which i’ll cover below.
It hosts pirated content – Though the movies and TV shows on Soap2Day are free to download, they have been obtained in an illegal manner and are not legal to own within the US. Downloading pirated content can also damage your computer or let some hacker gain access to your information by inserting a malicious code into the video file.
The ads on Soap2Day direct you to malicious websites – Another reason why you should avoid Soap2Day is for its ads. The ads listed on Soap2Day are generally unsafe and will take you down a rabbit hole of malicious and scam web pages.
Hackers are always on the prowl – The Piracy Reddit forum has been buzzing with discussions pertaining to the infamous browser – Hijacker. This potentially unwanted program is being linked to a variety of other viruses, including the SearchLee and SearchBaron malware. While the Soap2Day website may not be considered a hacker’s dream, it is important to note that it could be a threat to your privacy.
How to Watch Soap2Day Safely?
There’s no sure shot way you can watch Soap2Day content safely, but the closest you can get is by using a VPN to hide your IP address and location. Top premium VPN services such as CyberGhost, ExpressVPN or NordVPN.
These VPN services are some of the best in the market and they help maintain your anonymity online by bouncing your signal across hundreds or routers around the world, so no one can pin-point your exact location.
- CyberGhost – This service has 7,000+ servers in more than 90 countries. They have a zero-log policy and 256-bit encryption to help protect your online privacy.
- ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN offers dedicated apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS. This service also uses AES 256 bit encryption to secure data packets and has a zero-lag policy.
- NordVPN – You can choose from over 5400 servers worldwide and NordVPN uses an openVPN protocol and is encrypted with 256-bit AES protection.
- Surfshark – Surfshark is another great alternative VPN service you can use to connect to Soap2Day safely. It comes with 256-bit AES security and there’s a 30-day money back guarantee if you’re unhappy with their services.
What is the Soap2Day Virus?
The Soap2Day virus is not a virus per-se, but a malicious piece of code that has entered your system from clicking on one of the ads that pop-up on Soap2Day.
These ads will redirect you to unknown websites that are not secure and contain potentially dangerous content that can affect your system.
Hackers also tend to use sites like Soap2day while targeting their victims because of the lack of security on the site.
Even though Soap2Day states that they are one of the most secure sites online, they are still prone to hacks and some of the ads that are not monitored can contain dangerous malware that will infect the system.
Currently, clicking on the wrong pop-up ad on Soap2Day will result in a new extension getting installed on your browser which will eat into your system resources while running in the background.
How Do I Get Rid of the Soap2Day Virus?
If you feel that your browser is spazzing after visiting Soap2Day then it’s probably because you’ve infected your computer with malware.
However, there are a few ways you can get rid of this malware that’s infecting your browser.
- Remove Soap2Day from Windows – Click on the Start button, go to Settings and then click on Apps and Notifications. Now, click on Uninstall a program from the options listed next to the suspicious app.
- Remove Soap2Day from macOS – On Finder, click the Go > Applications. You should see a list of all the apps currently installed on your Mac. Find the app associated with Soap2day Virus or other suspicious apps you want to delete. Right-click on the app, then choose Move to Trash. Finally clear your trash bin.
- Remove Soap2Day from Chrome – Remove unwanted extensions from Chrome by navigating to Tools > Extensions and then deleting unknown extensions. You can also reset Chrome by accessing the Advanced settings and clicking on Restore Settings to Original Defaults.
- Remove Soap2Day from Safari – Launch Safari and then click on Preferences. Now tap on the Extensions tab and then look for the Soap2Day virus or other extensions that you haven’t installed. Delete them by clicking on Uninstall.
- Remove Soap2Day Extension from Firefox – Click on the menu icon at the top-right corner, then select Add-ons > Extensions. choose Soap2day Virus and other suspicious plugins. Click the three-dot menu beside the extension, then choose Remove to delete these extensions.
If you’re finding it difficult to access Soap2Day or you’re just scared to do so because of the virus, then i’d suggest giving one of these alternatives a try.
- Swoop TV
- Philo TV
- Sling TV
You should be careful however while searching for alternatives as many of the websites that are up and running today log your information and can seal passwords and your credit card details.
Is Soap2Day Safe : FAQ’s
Is Soap2Day virus free?
Soap2Day is technically virus free, however the ads are not and clicking on them can lead you to potentially dangerous websites.
Is it safe and legal to use Soap2Day?
While it’s free to use, the content on Soap2Day is pirated content and is illegal to view in many countries. Due to this, broadcasting agencies and network providers have started banning Soap2Day and some users will be able to access the site only through VPN.
What is the video quality of Soap2Day content?
Soap2Day boasts complete HD content across categories and platforms. While they do claim all their content is high definition, it’s not the case and some movies and VOD content are available in camera print as well.
What are the Soap2Day alternatives available right now?
If you find Soap2Day to be unsafe for your browser, you can opt for one of the other streaming services such as Netflix, Prime Video, Swoop TV, Hotstar and more. However, all these streaming services are paid for and they are entirely safe to use.