Plikli CMS has been tested on PHP version 5.4+. We have designed the Content Management System based on PHP 5.4+ technologies, so certain problems may occur when using older versions of PHP. We recommend that your server runs a minimum of PHP 5.4+.
NOTE that Plikli is NOT yet compatible with PHP version 7; It is in progress!
If your server runs on PHP version higher than 5:
Check the cPanel under SOFTWARE -> MultiPHP Manager. if it is available and you can select the PHP version you want, then set it. Otherwise, ask your host to install EasyApache so you can have access to MultiPHP Manager.
- cURL PHP
- GD Graphics Library
Can be checked and set in cPanel under MultiPHP INI Editor.
- fopen (PHP Directive: allow_url_fopen)
- file_get_contents (PHP Directive: allow_url_fopen)
- fwrite (Function is used in conjunction with the fopen Function)
Plikli has been tested on both MySQL versions 4 and 5, during that process we have discovered that bugs will occasionally pop up if you are running MySQL 4. For this reason it is recommend that you use a server with MySQL 5.0.3+ or later to run a Plikli CMS website.
Installation, installed in just ONE minute!
During the installation, Plikli CMS detects if the port used is not the default port 80 and if the installation is on a secure server (https), and the installation proceeds accordingly!
- Download Plikli CMS
- Unzip the package where you want to install it.
- Create a Database in phpMyAdmin with Collation utf8_general_ci.
Have the Database name, User, Password handy for the installation process.
- Open a browser and type in the address:
- If installed on localhost, type: http://localhost/THE-DIRECTORY-NAME/install/
- If installed on the live server, type: http(s)://YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME/install/
- If installed on the live server in a sub-folder, type: http(s)://YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME/SUB-FOLDER-NAME/install/
- If installed on the live server in a sub-domain, type: http(s)://YOUR-SUB-DOMAIN.YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME/install/
- Click on “Troubleshooter” from the top menu.
- The Troubleshooter will rename the necessary files and set the proper permissions CHMOD.
- All you have left is to select the language of your choice.
- Click on “Install” link, from the top menu, and follow the instructions.