If you’re looking to learn how to install Philo on your LG Smart TV then you’ve come to the right place.
Philo is one of the best online streaming services in the U.S that is known for its affordability and wide range of content and live TV channels.
That being said, Philo can be accessed on different devices such as Chromecast, Roku and even Apple TV. But what if you have a LG Smart TV, is it possible to install the Philo app on the TV?
In short, Philo is not available on all LG Smart TVs and to use Philo on a LG Smart TV, you will have to check if the TV is compatible or use a secondary device that supports Philo and connect that device to the LG Smart TV.
This guide will give you a detailed understanding of how to install and use Philo on your LG Smart TV. So read on to find out how you can install Philo on your LG Smart TV regardless of the model and OS that’s running.
How to Install Philo TV on your LG Smart TV?
Philo TV on your LG Smart TV : Requirements
The only way you can access Philo will be by installing the app on a compatible device such as a Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Firestick/ Fire TV, Android TV, iOS/ iPad, Mac or Windows and then connecting that device to your LG Smart TV.
Apart from checking if the LG Smart TV is compatible with the Philo app, you must also have a registered Philo account with an active subscription.
How to Install Philo TV on your LG Smart TV
Since Philo is not available on LG Smart TVs, the only way you will be able to watch Philo is by installing the app on a Chromecast device, Roku, FireStick or Apple TV and then connecting that device to your LG Smart TV.
Let’s go over the various ways you can access Philo on your LG Smart TV.
Watch Philo with Roku
If you have a Roku device with you then it’s possible to watch Philo on your LG TV by installing the app on Roku.
In order to watch content from your Roku on your LG Smart TV, both devices have to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Once done, follow the instructions below:
- Start by creating a Philo account on their website
- Now launch your Roku and open the app store
- Search for Philo by entering the name in the Search bar
- Proceed to click on “Add to Home” to download and install the Philo app
- Once installed, launch the app and sign into your registered Philo account
- You will be presented with an “Activate your Philo TV” page.
- Enter the code to link devices
- Now, head over to the Settings page and then choose System
- Select Screen Mirroring from the options and then click on Screen Mirroring Mode
- Enable the Always Allow feature
- Once the Roku picks up your LG Smart TV, tap on mirror to connect the Roku and your LG Smart TV
You will be able to stream Philo on your LG Smart TV with the help of your Roku. In order to navigate or control Philo TV, use the Roku remote.
Watch Philo with FireStick
Another way you can access Philo on your LG Smart TV is by using an Amazon FireStick.
- Start by connecting the FireStick to your LG Smart TV via HDMI.
- Boot up your FireStick and then sign into your Amazon account.
- Search for the Philo app in the Amazon App store
- Click on Get or Download to install the app on your FireStick
- Now, navigate to the Homepage and then click on the Philo app
- Once the app launches, go ahead and sign into your registered Philo account
- You may also be asked to link your Philo account with the FireStick by entering an activation code
- Enter the code and you will be able to watch Live TV and other on-demand content.
If you have connected the FireStick to another TV and wish to mirror the screen onto your LG Smart TV, follow the steps below:
- Launch FireStick on your TV and then with the FireStick remote, navigate to the Settings icon
- Now click on Display & Audio and then tap on the second option labeled “Enable Display Mirroring”
- Proceed to select the LG Smart TV from the list of available devices
- Once connected, you will be able to watch Philo TV on your LG Smart TV wirelessly
Watch Philo with Apple TV
Apart from using Roku or FireStick, you can also watch Philo content on your LG Smart TV by using an Apple TV connected to your LG.
You can follow these steps,
- Start by subscribing to Philo on their website
- Now boot up your Apple TV while it’s connected to your LG Smart TV
- Proceed to the App Store and then search for the Philo app by entering the name in the search bar
- Proceed to download the app on your Apple TV
- Launch the Philo app on your Apple TV and then login using the credentials you used while creating your account.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will be able to watch Live TV and Philo on-demand content on your LG Smart TV
How to Mirror Philo TV on LG Smart TV?
The steps vary depending on the primary device, so i’ll take you through how to use the screen mirroring feature to watch Philo on a LG Smart TV.
Watch Philo on LG Smart TV with Android
- Start by turning on the LG Smart TV and then tap on Screen Share from the home page
- Now, unlock your Android smartphone and head to the Settings app
- Proceed to click the Screen Cast or Screen Mirroring option
- Locate the LG Smart TV from the list of available devices
- Tap on the LG Smart TV name and wait for a couple of seconds for the devices to pair
- Finally, launch the Philo app on your Android phone and then start watching Philo Live TV on your TV
To disconnect the TV and Android phone, simply pull down the notification bar on your smartphone and tap on the Disconnect button.
Watch Philo on LG Smart TV with iOS & ipadOS
Not all, but some LG Smart TVs that were released post 2019 are AirPlay 2 compatible and will support screen mirroring from iOS devices such as iPad’s and iPhone’s.
Some of the compatible LG Smart TVs that support screen mirroring via AirPlay 2 are:
- OLED B9
- Z9 series
- NanoCell SM9X/SM8X
- UHD UM7X series
For LG Smart TV’s that were made prior to 2018, these fixes will work in your favor.
- Use a Third-Party App — There are plenty of third-party apps that can be installed on your LG Smart TV and that support screen mirroring. Some popular choices are Airbeam, Airmore, Mirror and Video & TV Cast.
- Screencast from iPhone or iPad to LG TV via Apple TV — If you have an Apple TV and have the Philo app installed on your iPhone or iPad, you can connect the Apple TV to your LG Smart TV via HDMI and then mirror your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV.
How to Install Philo TV on your LG Smart TV : FAQ’s
Is Philo available on LG Smart TV?
No, unfortunately Philo is not available on LG Smart TV and in order to watch Philo on LG, you will need to use Philo on another device such as Apple TV, Roku, FireStick, Android or iOS and then mirror the device to your LG Smart TV.
How many devices can I connect my Philo account to?
You can watch Philo live on up to 3 devices at the same time, using a single account.
How to watch Philo outside America?
Since Philo is geo-restricted within the U.S, it’s not possible to purchase a subscription or watch Philo anywhere else without a VPN.
What to do if the Philo app stops working?
If the Philo app stops working, the only fix is to try updating the app to the latest version. At times it could be due to a block in the primary device OS, so updating that should help.
There you have it, a few simple ways you can install Philo on your LG Smart TV. While it’s not possible to do so directly on the Smart TV, there are alternatives available such as Apple TV and Roku devices that support Philo and can be connected to your LG Smart TV.
I hope this guide was helpful and you have been able to download and install Philo to watch on your LG Smart TV.
If you have any questions feel free to drop a comment below.