Have you heard about the Pantaya Spanish Movies streaming service recently? Ever wondered what it is?
Well, this article will cover all you need to know about the Pantaya Spanish movies streaming service.
I’ll cover the subscription costs, the type of content available on the platform as well as how you can watch it outside of the US and Puerto Rico.
Pantaya Spanish Movies Streaming Service
What is Pantaya OTT Streaming Platform?
Pantaya is an American streaming service that is created primarily for the Spanish and Hispanic language viewers. Their service was first launched in 2017 in a joint venture with Lionsgate and the Hemisphere Media Group.
Their services are only available in the United States and Puerto Rico and is home to over 300 Spanish and Spanish Dub titles that include family movies, TV shows, popular new and old movies as well as mature content.
Recently Pantaya merged with ViX+ and this merger now bring over 40,000 hours of ViX+ content along with 10,000 hours of premium content to the Pantaya platform.
What are the Subscription Plans for Pantaya Spanish Movies?
I was able to find out that Pantaya has only one streaming plan that costs $5.99 a month for existing members.
However, new subscribers can avail the offer running right now and get Pantaya for $1 per month for the first three months post which the cost will revert to the usual $5.99 for every subsequent month.
Apart from the special offer, subscribers can also avail the free trial on Pantaya which grants users a 7-day period to watch Spanish movies for free. The only catch though is that once the trial is done the subscribers card will get charged immediately.
Subscribers will have to cancel the free trial within 7 days for there to be no charge made on their card.
New Subscriber Special Offer Terms
- The offer is valid for a limited period of time and can only be accessed in the U.S and Puerto Rico
- Subscribers are required to have a fast and stable broadband connection
- The offer does not include the Pantaya free trial
- The subscription is non-refundable and if canceled no refund will be processed
- Finally, at the end of 3 months you will be charged the regular subscription fee o $5.99 unless the special offer and subscription stands canceled
How to Get a Free Trial on Pantaya Movies?
While Pantaya offers a 7-day free trial to users signing up to their website/app, I did find another way you can get a free trial to watch Pantaya Spanish movies, by using Amazon’s Prime Video.
Let me take you through how you can get the 7-day free trial on Pantaya.
Via the Pantaya Website
The first and easiest way to get access to the 7-day trial period is by signing up to their official website.
To do that,
- Open Pantaya on your web browser by clicking on the link below
- Click on Claim Special Offer
- Proceed to create a new account and enter a valid email address and password
- If you’ve used Pantaya before, make sure to use another email address to create the account
- Enter your payment information in the billing page
- Once you’ve completed the transaction, your 7-day trial period will start
You can cancel within 7 days and not get charged for the subscription.
Via Amazon Prime Video
The other way you can get the free trial for Pantaya is by logging into your Amazon Prime Video account and then adding Pantaya to your subscription list.
If you’re a new customer to Amazon Prime Video then you can opt for a new subscription deal and add Pantaya to your package.
This will grant you a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime Video as well as a 7-day free trial of Pantaya.
- Sign up to Amazon Prime Pantaya free trial by clicking on the link below
- Click on the Start your free trial button
- Proceed to either sign into your registered Amazon account or go ahead and create a new account
- Once done, your free trial will commence immediately
Subscribers to the Amazon / Pantaya offer must cancel their free trial within 7-days otherwise they will be charged in full for the Pantaya subscription and if the Amazon Prime membership is not canceled within 30 days then the full charge of the Amazon subscription will also be collected.
How to Cancel the Pantaya Free Trial or Subscription?
Canceling the Pantaya subscription or free trial is quite easy and it can be done by logging into the Pantaya website and accessing your account information.
To cancel your Pantaya membership or the free trial, follow these steps:
- Login to your registered Pantaya account on their official website
- Proceed to click on the Settings icon located in the top right corner of the screen
- Now, click on the button labeled “Subscription” and then tap on “Manage Subscription”
- Finally, tap on “Cancel Account” and then confirm the cancellation by clicking on Yes
Which Devices Can Pantaya Be Installed On?
Pantaya can be accessed through a number of browsers on your Desktop or Mobile Device, as well as through the Pantaya app on a variety of devices.
Here are the key specifications of the devices that Pantaya can be installed on.
|Computer Operating System
|Microsoft Windows Vista or newer Apple OSX 10.5.7 or newer
|Current version of Edge;Current version of Chrome; Current version of Firefox; Current version of Safari
|iOS devices (iPhones and iPads)
|iOS 15.0 or newer
|Android phones and tablets
|Android 5.0 or newer
|2nd Generation or newer
|All models from 2018 to today
|Android 5.0 or newer
|tvOS 15.0 or newer
|All models from 2015 to present day.
How to Activate your Device to Watch Pantaya?
If you install Pantaya on platforms such Android TV, Samsung TV, or Apple TV then you will need to enter an activation code in the Pantaya website to access content on the TV.
- Once the TV app displays the activation code on the screen proceed to open the Pantaya website and navigate to the following page
- Enter the activation code in the box and tap on Submit
- Once the TV gets activated, you will be taken to the Pantaya app home page and can commence watching movies and shows
How to Cast Pantaya on a TV
There are different ways you can cast Pantaya onto a standard TV on one that doesn’t support the Pantaya app.
Subscribers who are on the go or would like to watch movies on the big screen can do so via AirPlay or Google Chromecast depending on whether you have an Android smartphone or an iPhone.
AirPlay Pantaya Movies
To AirPlay Pantaya movies onto your TV, follow these steps:
- First connect your iOS device and your AirPlay device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, on your iOS device, swipe down from the top of your screen to open the Control Center, tap AirPlay and tap the name of the device you want to stream content to.
- Be sure you do not select “Mirroring”
- Launch the Pantaya app on your iOS device.
- Select the Pantaya title of your choice and press Play
- Select the Airplay button in the top right corner and the device you want to watch and the title will play over Airplay.
You can stop using AirPlay by tapping on the playback window or by swiping down from the top of the screen and opening the Control Center.
Here, tap on the AirPlay icon and then tap on the name of your device.
Chromecast Pantaya Movies
- Launch the Pantaya application on your smartphone, tablet or visit the Pantaya website in your Chrome browser.
- Once you are signed in to Pantaya make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Select the Cast icon in the upper-right or lower-right window.
- Choose your preferred Chromecast device from the connected devices list
- Select the Pantaya title of your choice and press play.
Troubleshooting Tips : Cast Pantaya on TV
If you have problems casting your Pantaya app to your TV or if you are unable to find the cast button then the first thing you need to do is check if both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Next, if it’s still not working, check if your devices OS and the software version of the app. If it’s not the latest version proceed to update the software and try again.
If your device is connected to a VPN then you will not be able to cast to your TV. Disconnect the VPN and try using the regular Wi-Fi network.
If the issue persists, attempt restarting the Wi-Fi router, Pantaya app and TV before trying again.
Sometimes, there may be multiple devices connected to the router and this can drop the network speed drastically which can also prevent you from casting from the Pantaya app to a TV. Remove or disconnect a few devices before trying again.
How to Download Movies on Pantaya?
Pantaya app subscribers are given the option to download movies and content from the app onto their device so that it can be watched at a later time when there’s no network connection.
Currently, this feature is only available to iOS and Android users and can work on smartphones and tablets.
There are however some restrictions in place while downloading movies or shows on Pantaya,
- There are a handful of titles not available for download
- International viewing restrictions apply.
- Titles will auto delete 2 weeks after you have downloaded.
- Titles will auto delete if the title goes out of its licensing window
To download titles from Pantaya, open the movie or episode and navigate to the description page. Now click on the download icon.
While the download doesn’t get saved onto your phone, it’s stored within the Pantaya app, so if you wish to open the movie or series, start by opening the Pantaya app and then click on View Downloads and then choose the title you wish to play.
Does Pantaya stream in HD?
Yes, Pantaya streams in HD, but the quality of the playback depends on your internet bandwidth and according to Pantaya, a minimum of 6Mbps bandwidth is required to play movies or series in high definition.
Where is Pantaya Available?
Pantaya can be accessed in the US and Puerto Rico. Others who want to access Pantaya can do so by using a VPN to connect to an American or Puerto Rican server.
Can I watch Pantaya on multiple devices at a time?
Yes, if you have a registered account with a subscription plan running then you’re allowed to stream across 4 devices at the same time.