If you’ve used fuboTV in the past then you’ll know how amazing their services are and how easy it is to watch live TV and sports, simply by purchasing a subscription plan from their website.
But if you’re looking to use fuboTV on your Mac then I’m sorry to say this, but the only way to watch fuboTV is by visiting their website as there are no apps available on the App store for the Mac.
There is an alternative though and this process might take a few minutes to accomplish. To access fuboTV on your Mac you can do so by installing an emulator such as Bluestacks 4 and then download the fuboTV app from the Android store and run that on your Mac.
Bluestacks not only works for fuboTV but it supports other Android based applications and is the safest emulator for Mac as of 2022.
So, read on as I take you through 2 ways you can watch fuboTV on your Mac and yes, one is by using an emulator.
fuboTV for Mac
How to Access the fuboTV Website on a Mac?
Well, like I said, there are two ways you can access fuboTV on your Mac and one is by visiting the fuboTV website whereas the second is by downloading the fuboTV Android application on your Mac with the help of an Android emulator.
To visit the fuboTV website simply launch a browser on your Mac such as Safari or Chrome and then enter the URL: https://www.fubo.tv/welcome and then start the free trial. If you already have an account then sign into the website and begin watching your favorite movies, shows or games on the Mac.
How to Install the fuboTV App on a Mac in 3 Simple Steps
To install the fuboTV app on a Mac you will need to have an Android emulator installed first and then download the Android version of fuboTV from within the emulator.
The whole process doesn’t take more than 10 minutes and you will require a valid Gmail account to create your Android ID.
Let’s go over it step by step, starting with how to install Bluestacks on a Mac.
Step 1 — How to Install Bluestacks on a Mac?
- Start by opening your browser and then enter the Bluestacks URL in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now, Bluestacks 5 is not yet compatible with macOS, so scroll down and click on the download button for Bluestacks 4.
- Save the .dmg file on your Mac and then proceed to install the application.
- Next, create an account using your email address and then enter a password.
- You will now be taken to the Bluestacks homepage on your Mac
Step 2 — Download the fuboTV from the Android Play Store
- Now that you have installed Bluestacks successfully, proceed to the Google Play Store and then tap on Login
- Proceed to either enter your Gmail account credentials to login or create a new account just to access the Play Store.
- Once you’re signed in, click on the search bar in the Play Store and then search for fuboTV
- Locate and download the app in Bluestacks and wait till the installation process is complete.
Step 3 — Sign in to the fuboTV App
- Once the app has been installed, proceed to launch the fuboTV app on your Mac
- Remember, the fuboTV app will only run when Bluestacks is open. You can also choose to open fuboTV by clicking on the fuboTV app in your Finder. Doing so will open the fuboTV app and the Bluestacks app.
- Now, proceed to sign into your registered fuboTV account
- Navigate through the app and choose what you want to watch.
Alternative Emulators that Support fuboTV on Mac
Apart from Bluestacks, you can also choose to download and install Nox which is another free-to-use emulator that’s supported by macOS.
The process is the same and you will need to have a valid Gmail account to download the fuboTV app onto your Mac.
Alternatively, you can download and use any of the following Android emulators that are compatible with macOS. Some of my favorites are:
- Ko Player
- ARChon Emulator
- Bliss Rom Emulator
All three emulators are safe to use on a Mac and are free to download and are open-source applications that receive regular updates so the apps can function smoothly.
Pros and Cons of Using the fuboTV on a Mac
|Offers a wide collection of sporting content to watch
|Does not include Turner Network channels
|Good blend of live TV channels and on-demand movies
|Frequent blackouts for local and regional sporting events and channels
|Can create multiple user profiles under one account
|Expensive subscription plans
|Comes with a free 7-day trial
|No app for Mac or Windows
|Need to use an emulator to run fuboTV
How to Record fuboTV on Mac?
If you’re watching fuboTV and would like to record content, then you can with the help of the fuboTV DVR cloud storage option.
Simply click on the video player and then tap on the Record button to save the video for offline viewing.
If you’re using the fuboTV app through an emulator then you can record fuboTV by following the same steps mentioned above.
Open the fuboTV app in the emulator of your choice and then click on the video player and tap on Record. The video will get recorded offline in the fuboTV app and you can watch the recordings only after launching the fuboTV app on the Mac.
How to Watch fuboTV on the TV with a Mac?
In order to watch fuboTV on your TV with a Mac, you will need to have the Mac connected to your TV with the help of a HDMI cable.
Then either open the fuboTV website on Safari or Chrome, or you can open the fuboTV app in your emulator and present the display on your TV.
You can also choose to cast your Mac’s display to your TV using the AirPlay feature. Simply tap on the AirPlay icon and then choose the display you want to connect to.